THE CULTURED WAY ® CHIPOTLE YOGURT CHEESE SOUTH OF THE BORDER BRUNCH PIZZA…
Gluten and Lactose Free!
Pre-made Crust: Use your favorite pre-made pizza dough, prepare gluten-free dough from a mix, or use your own crust recipe for a gluten-free, lactose-free pizza!
Pizza Topping for 4 Individual Pizzas:
4 ounces refried black beans
½ cup sliced green onion (blend with cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and seasoned pepper to taste)
4 Tbsp. (heaping) medium, chunky salsa
1 Tbsp. olive oil (plus 2 Tbsp. extra for coating)
1 cup turkey sausage, lightly sautéed & drained
4 eggs, scrambled
2 cups baby spinach leaves, ½ cup or approx. 6 leaves per pizza
8 ounces Chipotle Yogurt Cheese; shredded, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Prepare crust according to directions. Divide dough into 4 equal portions and spread onto pizza pans or cookie sheets lightly coated with olive oil. Brush crust edges with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes or until dough is just lightly browned.
3. In medium non-stick pan coated with olive oil, lightly brown turkey sausage, breaking in chunks.
4. In small bowl, mix onions and seasonings into refried beans; divide evenly. Spread on the 4 pizza crusts.
5. Spread salsa evenly over bean layer on each pizza.
6. Remove cooked sausage, place chunks evenly on pizzas. Drain excess grease from pan.
7. Arrange spinach leaves near center of each pizza to form a nest for scrambled egg. Brush leaves lightly with olive oil.
8. Whisk eggs, and scramble in sausage pan over medium heat until set; divide in fourths; place in center of each spinach nest.
9. Top with shredded Chipotle Yogurt Cheese.
10. Bake pizzas for 8-10 minutes until crust is brown and cheese starts to brown and bubble.
Note: One large pizza can be made in place of individual pizzas. Use flat 16-inch diameter pizza pan.
Helpful Hint: Make sure yogurt cheese is extra cold to make shredding easier!