THE CULTURED WAY ® TOMATO AND BASIL YOGURT CHEESE MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD
12 ounces rotini pasta; cooked, rinsed, drained
2 tsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
15 slender asparagus spears; cut diagonally in 1” pieces
2 cups yellow squash, sliced into half rounds
1 cup mixed mini-sweet peppers, diced
1 cup packed arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
½ cup scallions/green onions, sliced
1 cup pre-cooked chicken or turkey cubes
8-ounces Tomato & Basil Yogurt Cheese; cut in 1/4” cubes
¾ cup Italian zesty dressing
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse, drain; set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, asparagus, squash and mixed peppers; cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are slightly tender.
3. Stir in arugula, scallions and cubed meat; remove from heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, cheese, dressing and seasoning to taste.
5. Toss well and serve while warm to allow cheese cubes to soften;
Serve on salad plate; (optional) garnish with arugula leaves and bacon crumbles.
Note: Salad can also be made the day before, chilled, and served as a cold salad.