THE CULTURED WAY ® JALAPEÑO YOGURT CHEESE PASTA BAKE
16 ounces penne or rotini pasta; cook, rinse & drain
½ cup (1 stick) butter, divided
1 Lb. ground turkey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Italian herbs
1 cup mini sweet peppers, diced (green, red, yellow, orange)
3 cloves garlic; minced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups lactose-free milk
1 tsp. sea salt
3 cups shredded (12 ounces) Jalapeño Yogurt Cheese, divided
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven 350°F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse; set aside.
3. Set aside 2 tablespoons butter for topping. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons in large saucepan.
4. Sauté ground turkey, mixed diced peppers, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Sprinkle vegetables and meat with flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Blend in milk and seasoning; bring to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Remove pan from heat; add 2 cups of cheese; stir until melted.
7. Place cooked pasta in mixing bowl. Add cheese sauce; mix well.
8. Transfer to buttered 13×9-inch baking dish; top with remaining cup of cheese.
9. In small pan, melt reserved butter; add and toss breadcrumbs. Spoon crumbs over pasta mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
10. Bake 35 minutes or until sauce bubbles and crumbs are golden brown.
Helpful Hint: Make sure yogurt cheese is extra cold to make shredding easier!