THE CULTURED WAY ® WESTERN MAC AND JALAPENO YOGURT CHEESE
8 ounces wagon wheel pasta; cook, drain & rinse
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2 cups lactose-free milk
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. seasoned black pepper
2 cups (8 ounces) Jalapeño Yogurt Cheese; shredded
1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers; drained well, thinly sliced
¼ cup ranch-style dressing
¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375<!–[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]–>°F
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse & drain
3. In large, deep saucepan, heat butter until sizzling. Stir in flour; cook over medium heat, stirring to blend flour and butter until it is golden.
4. Gradually whisk in milk and cook, stirring 6-8 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth.
5. Turn off heat; mix in salt, cumin, pepper and Jalapeño Yogurt Cheese. Stir until cheese melts.
6. Add roasted peppers, dressing and cooked pasta; mix well.
7. Pour into 8”x10” buttered (or cooking sprayed) baking dish.
8. Bake 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
9. Plate and garnish each serving with the sliced green onions.
Helpful Hint: Make sure yogurt cheese is extra cold to make shredding easier!