GRILLED THE CULTURED WAY ® YOGURT CHEESE, SMOKED TURKEY, APPLE & CHERRY CHUTNEY SANDWICH
1 Tbsp. olive oil
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. dried tarragon leaves
1 ½ Tbsp. honey
1 cup water
8 slices sourdough or hearty bread
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
8-ounce package Classic Original Yogurt Cheese slices
1 pound smoked turkey, shaved
2 Granny Smith apples, cored & sliced thin
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they begin to brown.
2. Deglaze pan with vinegar. Add cherries, salt, tarragon, honey and water; simmer for 20-25 minutes until cherries are coated in light syrup. Cool.
1. Butter one side of each bread slice. Place four bread slices, buttered side down, in a large nonstick pan or griddle, on medium heat.
2. Layer each with cheese slice, turkey, sliced apples, chutney; add second cheese slice.
3. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side out. Grill until bottom slice is golden brown and cheese begins to melt. Turn and brown other side, melting cheese to hold sandwich together.
4. Serve with remaining chutney.