THE CULTURED WAY ® YOGURT CHEESE BREAD PUDDING a la FRESH BLUEBERRY SAUCE
16-oz. French bread loaf, cubes ½ inch; divided
12 ounces Classic Original Yogurt Cheese (or 12 individual slices)
6 large eggs
4 cups lactose-free milk
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsps. Ground cinnamon, divided
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 12-oz. jar blueberry preserves
1 Tbsp. Brandy or Cassis/blackberry liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Lightly butter 12x9x2 inch baking pan; arrange half of bread cubes in pan.
- Top evenly with cheese slices.
- Arrange remaining bread cubes evenly on top.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, butter and maple syrup in large mixing bowl; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon over top.
- Cover baking pan tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until lightly browned and set; test with table knife inserted into center until it is set and firm.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving; cut in squares to serve.
- To prepare the blueberry sauce topping, stir together fresh blueberries and preserves in small saucepan over low heat until warm. Add brandy if desired.
- Serve with warm blueberry sauce.